What you need to know.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

We got off on the wrong foot.

Day 1
Called the clinic, my husband took the return call. The nurse on call covering for our office is "out of the loop", so she says "on Monday start the Birth Control pills and call the clinic for appointments... Today is day 1 as far as they are concerned."

With that I respond "where did they call the pills into?"

He looks at me like crap, I already messed up, she is going to flip."Ugh, she didn't say." then a gulp and "You'll just have to call her back."

Okay not going to get too bent on this spoke of the tour yet, but something as small as not starting the pills, and not getting the levels done on day 3, 5, 7, and 9 could cost us inaccurate information that will eventually determine how to orchestrate the IVF.

This cycle I was 3 weeks late. I have started almost like clock work over the last two years. There has been a lot of stress and worry of starting this so I am attributing this to emotional stress. But this period is so different. Right out of the gate my cycle was heavier than normal, it usually takes about day 2 for that to occur. Lets hope that this is all a good thing.

I am trying to find a chilled out happy place this week. During these things I seem to be a magnet to stress, especially emotional. I can attract it as well as cause it. I feel I owe myself that I do everything to the precise instruction given, I can't live thinking our IVF didn't work because I skipped a step that turned out to play a bigger role than I wrote off. I almost think just knowing me is probably setting you up for some kind of trauma. Let's hope not.

No comments: