What you need to know.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Did the phone ring?

Day 9
Called the clinic, left a message, waiting for the phone to ring.

On the good news front, the scripts that were ordered the other day went through the insurance and Whewww! I am sooo happy. This was the other shoe I was waiting to drop.

So here is my IVF cocktail...

Birth Control Pills ~ Plain Jane birth control pills to harbor ovulation and not lose any more eggs (good or bad ones), also allows them to take control of the cycle.

Baby Asprin ~ Over the counter answer to better lining and blood flow to the uterus.


Ovadrel (injectable) ~ I will have to recheck but I think this one is the trigger that will boost the mature eggs for retrieval "harvest".

Zithromax ~ I will take after the retrieval "harvest" to ward off any infection.

Estrace ~ Estrogen supplement that I will take following the transfer procedure to support the transfer until implantation occurs or doesn't.

Progesterone Oil (injectable) ~ Simple injection to supplement the natural progesterone that is needed in the first weeks of pregnancy, especially for implantation and the first 12 weeks for placenta nutrition.

Gonal 450 (injectable) ~ This is the egg maker in layman terms, it will stimulate the ovaries to produce as many eggs as it can.

Menopur (not sure of this one?)

Lupron (injectable) ~ I will take this on day 14 of my birth control pills , this will put me basically in a menopause kind of state so the can stimulate more eggs other than the one or two that would normally grow to a mature state.

Doxicycline ~ Tom and I start to take in the morning has to be prior to the IVF procedure to avoid infection from current infection of unknown sources.


Yeah, there are a lot of injection, but honestly when the end results are what they are...really it is so not anything. After 9 years of fertility treatments and a google amount of testing, and being financially poor, a shot a day, it is like brushing your teeth. In a non-hypocondriatic way I sorta of like the militant regimen during that phase of the cycle it is a reminder that you are working toward something greater than today, which makes today's issues seem less hyped.


So, here I sit, waiting...

Ring, ring...later that day.
Oh yeah, I need the scripts by the 23rd because I will start them on the 24th. So we are going full steam ahead in this cycle.

Did you ask me if I was scared to death? Oh yeah. There is a lot to start praying for at this point. There is a lot at stake.

1 comment:

I_Sell_Books said...

Wow, that is a lot of medication. I was only on BCPs, Lupron, Menopur, Follistim, and the trigger shot. And I think I got an antibiotic injected into my iv during retrieval?

Here's a link from IVFMeds.com where you can look up drug names and see what they're used for, if that helps any...I certainly hope you're not being charged an arm and leg by your insurance company for your shots!

https://secure.ivfmeds.com/store/index.cfm

Orodemniades