What you need to know.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's just a pill.

Day 5

This is so hard for me. Taking this pill, It is only a pill in the grand scheme of IVF, right?

The pill allows for the follicles and potential eggs to gear up but not allow my ovaries to release them.

My take on this is that it will help during the process in which they will stimulate my ovaries to make more than the typical one or two eggs for the retrieval.

I like to think of it as a "harvest" you know the power of positive thinking and all. I want there to be a bunch of good eggs, like a fall harvest, not a few skimpy ones that they have to go "retrieve".

Screwed up huh? Here we are trying so desperately to get pregnant and I am taking pills to keep my eggs dormant. Although egg quality hasn't always been so much my big issue it is one because according to the "Reproductive Law of How It Goes", I'm old and my ovaries are probably blowing dust out of those follicles.

Now in all fairness to my posse' at the clinic, they didn't tell me this but hey, it isn't hard to read between the lines when your hanging in stirrups looking for a miracle.

What do you typically do on Day 5? Well, I after I chase myself around the bathroom to take this pill, I will wait for tomorrow....Day 6.

No comments: